We love ourselves some Mass Effect news. That’s why we’re coming to you this fine morning to report on a recent interview conducted on the BioWare Blog about the cooperative multiplayer component of Mass Effect 3. BioWare’s social media coordinator sat down with producer Jesse Houston to muck around in the details of Mass Effect 3’s intriguing multiplayer component, discussing races you can play as, how multiplayer affects single player and if Kinect will work with the online component.
I’m not going to reprint the entire, lengthy interview right here, but I will hit you with some of the highlights.
- Multiplayer scenarios will dovetail nicely out of single player. Playing multiplayer will affect your end-game content.
- You can play as a Krogan, Drell and Asari. The full list of races hasn’t been revealed yet.
- Multiplayer has a leveling system.
- There will be no Kinect support for cooperative multiplayer.
- There will be customizable armors and weapons.
- There is a “sunset” plan for when BioWare decides to turn off the multiplayer servers, therefore not making players feel like they were abandoned. But that isn’t going to happen anytime soon.
- There will be leaderboards and specific achievements/trophies associated with multiplayer.
If you want to read the entire interview, head over to the BioWare Blog. There’s a lot of juicy details to be found there. This cooperative multiplayer component is sounding cooler by the day. Let’s just hope BioWare delivers on their ambitions with the mode.
Mass Effect 3 launches in March 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.