Sometimes big news doesn't quite come with much detail. Coming Soon has revealed that Harry Potter star Emma Watson has signed up to star in a new version of Beauty and the Beast, being developed by Guillermo del Toro.
And that's it.
Seriously, that's all we've got. We hadn't even heard of the project before this. So in lieu of our usual digging for details, we're going to go stream-of-consciousness on this thing and just rattle off everything that popped into our heads upon hearing the news.
1. If Guillermo del Toro makes 1/3 of all the projects he has in development right now, even just as a producer, we'll eat our hats. Luckily, our hats are made out of chocolate.
2. Outside of Daniel Radcliffe's acclaimed on-stage stint in 'Equus,' this marks the highest profile gig of any of the 'Harry Potter' stars who didn't have a career before the hit franchise.
3. We really hope it's a remake of the Linda Hamilton/Ron Perlman television series. You could even get Ron Perlman back as The Beast if you don't mind creeping audiences the hell out.
4. With a little luck, we'll be able to go our entire lives without ever watching the movie 'Beastly.' That's only tangentially related to the story at hand, but it's a small mercy nonetheless.
5. Emma Watson is pretty. We hope she's not playing The Beast.
CRAVE Online will have more Beauty and the Beast news as soon as we find out what the heck is going on.