It's been two months since The White Stripes officially headed up to the great candycane factory in the sky, but that doesn't mean we'll be seeing any shortage of the duo in the coming months.
In addition to the Record Store Day reissue of the band’s first two singles, Jack White’s Third Man Records in Nashville has announced a barrage of Stripes-related goods for the eighth installment of its fanclub subscription program, The Vault.
– A live recording of the band’s final performance on July 31st, 2007 in Southaven, Mississippi. Entitled Live in Mississippi, the record is presented in crystalline audio quality and spread across 2 LPs pressed on 180-gram vinyl.
– A 7″ single featuring some of the band’s earliest recordings. The a-side is “Signed DC” originally done by the band Love on their self-titled debut record from 1966. The flipside is a rendition of the Otis Redding classic “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long.” “Recorded in Detroit in September of 1997 a mere two months after the Stripes’ live debut, this single provides a heretofore unheard era of the band,” explains Third Man. “Although their debut single ‘Let’s Shake Hands’ wouldn’t be released for another eight months, this recording shows how fully-formed the general idea, aesthetic and approach of the White Stripes was from the very start.”
– A DVD entitled Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night featuring previously unseen footage from the band’s June 13, 2000 gig at Ralph’s Corner Bar in Moorhead, Minnesota. The performance was one their first following the release of their sophomore album, De Stijl, and featured a cover of Iggy Pop’s “I’m Bored”.
The cost of a Vault membership is no joke ($70 each season), but fans of Mr. White know a good value when they see it. To become a member yourself, or just to learn more, head to the Third Man Records Modlife page.
Live in Mississippi Tracklist:
01. Stop Breaking Down (Robert Johnson)
02. Let’s Build a Home
03. When I Hear My Name
04. Icky Thump
05. Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground/As Ugly As I Seem
06. The Same Boy You’ve Always Known
07. Wasting My Time
08. Phonograph Blues (Robert Johnson)
09. Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)
10. Death Letter (Son House)
12. Apple Blossom
13. You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Do As You’re Told)
14. In the Cold, Cold Night
15. I Want to Be the Boy to Warm Your Mother’s Heart
16. Hotel Yorba
17. A Martyr For My Love For You
18. Ball and Biscuit
19. 300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues
20. Blue Orchid
21. I’m Slowly Turning Into You
22. Boll Weevil
Under Moorhead Lights All Fargo Night Tracklist:
01. Let’s Shake Hands
03. Wasting My Time
04. Jolene (Dolly Parton)
05. Little Bird
06. Apple Blossom
07. You’re Pretty Good Looking (for a Girl)
08. Your Southern Can is Mine (Blind Willie McTell)
09. Suger Never Tasted So Good
10. Truth Doesn’t Make a Noise
11. I’m Bored (Iggy Pop)
12. Cannon/John the Revelator (Traditional)